The couple that works out together, stays together. And we’re not just saying that, it’s true! Studies have shown that people that workout with a buddy are more reliable and tend to stick to their plan. A study in Prevention Magazine found that 94% of couples stuck to their workout plan when they did it together. Having a buddy keeps you honest and reliable.
5 Reasons Working Out Together Helps Your Health and Your Relationship
- Increase the efficiency of your workout. Deep down, we’re always aware when someone is watching, or perhaps you are a very competitive soul. Either way, when you are working out with another individual you tend to have better form and increase speed and intensity. Not only are you looking to impress your workout buddy, but you may want to do a little better than them. In turn, you may end up helping each other by giving tips and, for example, spotting for weightlifting.
- Increase quality time. By having a set weekly schedule for workouts, you’re guaranteeing extra quality time with your partner. You can catch up on your day, discuss the future, or just laugh with each other while breaking a sweat. By being accountable to your partner, you’re showing up, doing the work, and getting to spend more face time with him or her.
- Increase your bond with a shared goal. By working on specific health goals, you can work with your partner to track the little wins. Whether you put together a chart or just keeping track of that extra pushup, hitting goals will make you happier as well as help you become a cheerleader for your partner.
- Increase the feelings of love between you and your partner. “Lab studies show that after jointly participating in an exciting physical challenge or activity, couples report feeling more satisfied with their relationships and more in love with their partner (Aron, Norman, Aron, & Heyman, 2000).”1 It’s better than any other date night! Forget the roses and bring your partner to the gym. Even a quick 30 minutes can have you falling in love all over again.
- Increase the health of your wallet! Many gyms offer discounts for multiple membership passes. So whether it’s you and your partner, you and your whole family, or you and some friends, purchasing together can save you money. Now you have more cash for that date night!
The Best Way to Start Working Out with Your Partner Today
Here’s the best news. American Bodyworks Holly Springs is now offering a deal on a two-person pass for the month of February. For only $32.99, you and a partner can start igniting that romance. Even better news…it doesn’t have to be a boyfriend or a wife. Any two people that sign up together can take advantage of this deal. So give us a call, come on by, or hop online, and get your workout routine into gear. Those who sweat together, stay together. At least, that’s our motto!